The Rules of Snow Golf are quite simple. There’s only 10 of them, with explanations.
- We’re here to have fun dammit. ALWAYS remember that
- All decisions of the Stowe Snow Golf Committee are Final.
- In case of any disagreements, see Rules #1 and #2
- Each team shall consist of 4 players and whatever entourage you like. Committee may decide to create a 2 player division if needed.
- Team bartenders strongly encouraged, though samples may be required for testing.
- Each team will be provided six regulation snowgolf balls.
- One for each player, and two extras per team.
- Mark your ball in an identifiable manner.
- Play your own ball.
- If a player loses their ball, they may use one of the extras.
- Additional balls are $5 or a beverage
- Each player may use one and only one club during the tournament.
- Clubs may be regulation golf clubs, modified golf clubs or pretty much any darn thing you think will work and creativity is encouraged.
- HOWEVER, the club must be used to STRIKE the ball. Catapults or machines/weapons that throw, shoot, or fling the ball are not allowed.
- Each player and each team is ENCOURAGED to play in costume.
- ALL Teams playing in costume will receive 1 STROKE off their score
- Costume Contest winner will receive 1 ADDITIONAL STROKE off
- Costume Contest runner-up will receive 1/2 ADDITIONAL STROKE
- Scoring is standard 4 player scramble format.
- Each player hits a tee shot, the team decides which shot is the best, then all team members then hit their next shots from that spot, and so on.
- The team earns one team score on each hole.
- Maximum score per hole is 8. If you get to 8, for gods sake pick it up already!
Rule #9—Playing rules
- Players may create/build a “tee” out of snow on the tee box only.
- Stance building/digging in for swinging is permitted. Grip it and rip it.
- Winter rules are in effect. Duh. Lift, clean, and place selected shot. The ball must be placed back within ONE FOOT of the spot it came to rest.
- Other team members may play from within one club length of original spot. No, you can not bring a teammate with a 20 ft long club. Nice. Been tried.
- These “placed” balls can not be CLOSER to the hole, and they can NOT be in the fairway or on NON SNOW SURFACE (ie a road) if the selected shot isn’t.
- NO building tees, but creative & intelligent placement and hitting from natural high spots is allowed.
- On the greens ONLY, teams may use the rakes to smooth out the putting surface and remove footprints. NO TRENCHING or creating grooves to the hole.
- Cheaters will be buried alive and left til Spring. If you are cheating at SnowGolf…wow…issues.
- And PLEASE stay off the greens as much as possible when not putting.
- If tied after the last hole, a closest to the pin shoot-out decide the winner.
- Each team will pick one player.
- These selected players will ALL hit at the same time.
- Closest to the hole wins the tie breaker